Old 20-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Sorrel

In article ,
Steve Harris wrote:
Some sources say this grows in any reasonable soil while another says it
needs acid soil and that lime can be used against escapees.

It certainly failed to germinate last year in my slightly alkaline soil.

What do urglers find?

That theory is related to the Doctrine of Signatures, and should be
ignored by anyone who regards science as even slightly more reliable
than witchcraft.

It grows perfectly well in my slightly alkaline soil, and is found
wild in all 112 vice-counties of the British Isles. It is a fairly
shy germinator, and I don't get more than half a dozen new seedlings
a year from perhaps a dozen shoots that set seed.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.