Old 20-01-2004, 07:59 PM
D Kat

Default Quick Q regarding rabbits

I know two things about rabbits.
1. Heat will kill a rabbit
2. Food that we think is just fine for rabbits will kill a rabbit

Searching for links that give you the information you need is very easy and
safer than asking a group of gardeners that may or may not have what you
need to know and may actually out of ignorance tell you something that is
dangerous for your rabbit.

try this link for example..
http://www.leithpetwerks.com/Bunfun/nonpellet.html

Sorry if I sound .... high on my horse... don't mean to. I just lost my
bunny when I was a child because I did not know how to care for it and for a
child feeling responsible for the death of a beloved pet was a bit hard.

"Art M" wrote in message
link.net...

"Ignoramus3274" wrote in message
I asked this question in misc.rural already, but want to run it by a
few more people. Can meat/fur rabbits survive if they are being fed a
diet that is mostly lawn clippings? I am upset that I waste so much
time and lawn grass due to all this mandatory lawn trimming, and am
thinking about having rabbits between months of May/October, or some
such, and feed them lawn trimmings. will it work?

I already own two chickens and they are doing great, even in -5F
weather, in an unheated shed.

My sister's pet rabbit never ate much grass, but it liked dandelion

leaves.
So if you have weedy grass... Rabbits will eat seemingly anything

including
sofa, base board and electrical cords. (Hers had the run of the house.
Luckily they can be trained to use a box like a cat.) They go apesh*t over
African violet leaves and raisins. They'll eat the crumbs from your cereal
boxes (not to mention the box itself). There are some things that you
shouldn't give them including potatoes if I remember correctly.

--Art