Old 20-01-2004, 09:07 PM
VV

Default Lucky bamboo stopped growing

I was in China in December- (Beijing and Baotou,innermongolia). This lucky
bamboo is in every restaurant as the typical most common 'decorative plant'.
These plants are as common as the "golden Pothos" in the US.
All sorts of shapes are "WOVEN" with the stems. Mostly these stalk bottoms
are in shallow water. They are placed in all sorts of lighting conditions.
I am sure that these plants are sold here (US) for a some 1000% profit
margin.

"Beecrofter" wrote in message
om...
Ripped off of gardenwebs bamboo forum

"Feng This!

You can set the bar of taste in your own immediate vicinity by first
denying to lay plastic to cash register over any green twisty branch
of that damnable plant currently known as "Lucky Bamboo." Of the genus
Dracaena, this stretch of leaf is less related to the bamboo family
than you are to the House of Lords, actually being a parlor plant
previously favored by the Victorians because it requires a meteor
hitting the earth in order to fully kill it.

Hyped as a feng shui method of both greening one's home
(moneymoneymoney!) and helping to release stagnant energies, this
living stalk of hooey-hooey is indeed lucky to those who sell great
big buckets full of the stuff. Less lucky is the likelihood that it
will curl about in a milky vase until the fluoride in your drinking
water eventually browns it to a mush. This is your fine holiday
legacy? We think not."

The original article appears on a website called "Metroactive" link
below
http://www.metroactive.com/papers/so...uide-0250.html