Old 20-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Gail Futoran

Default fertilizer question

"ed" wrote in message
. com...
I got some rose fertilizer(1/2 price sale-hard to resist)

that also has a
bug killer that sucks up into the plant. I've been looking

at leaning more
to feeding the soil as this seems to be a more balanced

way. If I put some
of this granular fertilizer on the roses in early spring

to help them get
going and also provide insect resistance as the leaves are

just coming out,
will this mess up the chemical balance that seems so

important? I've looked
for an answer and can't seem to find one.

Thanks
ed

I did a google search on "fertilizer insecticide" in
rec.gardens.roses and found a lot of controversy. Some say
plants can be harmed. Others report no problems. I used to
use it but stopped rather than take a chance messing with
the roses and the soil and various critters that are 90% or
more beneficial.

Gail