Old 20-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Cybe R. Wizard

Default Digging a tiny pond to attract wildlife

On 20 Jan 2004 07:26:16 -0800
(Dave) wrote:

I'm digging a small pond at a point that will collect runoff water
from a wooded area. I'm hoping to attract wildlife and perhaps a few
frogs. I'm hoping a few goldfish will control the mosquito production.
The planned size is perhaps 8 x 10 feet. I'm still trying to determine
whether a liner will be required. I would like to know the optimum
depth and contour and what plantings would be good. This is a shady
wooded area near St. Louis. Perhaps someone could point me to a small
pond FAQ? Thanks.

Hello, near neighbor! If your soil (!) is like ours a liner will be a
necessity.

Cybe R. Wizard -northern Jeff county, just south of 'The Louie'
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.