Old 20-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Patch

Default Ryobi 4-cycle - idles but wont run under full throttle

"ERIC" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I have a Ryobi 4 cycle weed trimmer. The engine starts and runs fine
at idle, but when I give it gas (medium-full throttle), it revs for a
few seconds and stalls, unless I let off the gas, then it idles fine
again.

I have:
* cleaned the air filter
* checked the valve clearance
* replaced/gapped the spark plug

Is there anything else I can check that could cause these conditions?

Of the repair shops I have called, no one seems to want to work on
Ryobi's. It is not under warranty any longer. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Sounds like a mixture problem, maybe a plugged up jet. Have you tried
spraying some cleaner into the carb?