Old 21-01-2004, 06:12 AM
D Kat

Default Quick Q regarding rabbits

I knew that!!! I was just seeing you as a six year old and finding it ...
well nice... Both of my sons had those kind of moments. They are well past
that age yet I can still see them as the babies they were and I still am
surprised by the wisdom some children show (whether it be in the present or
as they were). DKat

"Michelle" wrote in message
I'm not six any more I'm twenty six I was refering to the distant
bearly rememberable past
and I havent' kept rabbits for five years
:-)
and now I have a six year old of my own

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:36:06 GMT, "D Kat" wrote:

I'm very impressed with your maturity as a six year old... nice to hear
about. DK
"Michelle" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:21:58 GMT, "D Kat" wrote:
I think your advice is good and very well placed I also lost a beloved
pet due to child hood ignorance I never made that mistake again ever
since I was six when I lost my Bunnie that was acctually her name ; I
made sure from than on I read all kinds of books before getting a new
pet My mom says I refused to get a kitten to replace my bunny untill I
made her read me somthing like five books She had to read them
because a six year old can only read so much.
he he
any way great advice
Michelle

"Love is the water in the garden of life",

Some people ask where this quote came from , I wrote it in an essay
for school along time ago the only time I ever won any contest
I know two things about rabbits.
1. Heat will kill a rabbit
2. Food that we think is just fine for rabbits will kill a rabbit

Searching for links that give you the information you need is very

easy
and
safer than asking a group of gardeners that may or may not have what

you
need to know and may actually out of ignorance tell you something that

is
dangerous for your rabbit.

try this link for example..
http://www.leithpetwerks.com/Bunfun/nonpellet.html

Sorry if I sound .... high on my horse... don't mean to. I just lost

my
bunny when I was a child because I did not know how to care for it and

for a
child feeling responsible for the death of a beloved pet was a bit

hard.

"Art M" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Ignoramus3274" wrote in message
I asked this question in misc.rural already, but want to run it by

few more people. Can meat/fur rabbits survive if they are being

fed a
diet that is mostly lawn clippings? I am upset that I waste so

much
time and lawn grass due to all this mandatory lawn trimming, and

am
thinking about having rabbits between months of May/October, or

some
such, and feed them lawn trimmings. will it work?

I already own two chickens and they are doing great, even in -5F
weather, in an unheated shed.

My sister's pet rabbit never ate much grass, but it liked dandelion
leaves.
So if you have weedy grass... Rabbits will eat seemingly anything
including
sofa, base board and electrical cords. (Hers had the run of the

house.
Luckily they can be trained to use a box like a cat.) They go

apesh*t
over
African violet leaves and raisins. They'll eat the crumbs from your

cereal
boxes (not to mention the box itself). There are some things that

you
shouldn't give them including potatoes if I remember correctly.

--Art