Old 21-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Scorp

Default Help identifying a volunteer

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:34:20 GMT, "Dewolla"
wrote:

Hi. I found a volunteer tree or shrub growing in my back yard and hope
someone can help identify it for me.

Schinus molle. aka California pepper plant, pink pepper

The picture is posted on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens with the subject of
"ID volunteer tree." The first photo is a detail of the leaf, the second is
the whole plant in a 3-inch pot. It is doing quite well on my sunny window
sill.

I have a couple of these that I've grown from seed that I "aquired"
while visiting Bakersfield in July.

I live in California, zone 9b, Sunset zone 15.

I live in Canada. Vancouver area of B.C. exactly.
Zone 8b. (yes it's true).

Even so I'm afraid these will remain house plants for me
As far as being edible I've seen both yes and no, anybody?

Steve