Old 21-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Lakeland's plant ties???

"Chris Boulby" wrote in message
n message , Klara King
writes
In message , Chris Boulby
writes
Whatever happened to recycling old pairs of tights?

As for tights, well, I guess I agree, black tights might look a bit
nasty on nice new trellis but they are also something I use regularly
when a bit of elasticity is called for. They go green with lichen etc
after a few years and you don't even notice them.
Chris Boulby National Collection of Diascias

Brings to mind an embarrassing episode while in my 20's, I was stopped and
searched by the police on my way back from the local shops (I had popped to
the post office mid gardening) The local petrol station had just been robbed
and I apparently looked disreputable enough to get the blame! Having a
pocket full of shredded ladies tights did not exactly enhance my image :~)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk