Old 21-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Frank White

Default North America After the Collapse

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 06:28:34 GMT, Alan Connor wrote:

(snip)
CO in an open area is NEVER lethal. Do your homework and quit telling
falsehoods.

CO in an open area is also hard to control. How do you control the

concentration
enough to make sure it's effective? Must be magic.

You see, this is the problem I have with alanc's claim, here. I
send a lot of time around CO producers: They're called 'cars',
and I have walked beside them, driven in them, and been stuck
in traffic jams surrounded by dozens of them all running and
putting out CO. And aside from gagging over diesel fumes, or
being rocked back by the stink some of them produce when they
burn bad gas, I've never passed out or been unable to breathe.
Heck, I've worked in garages where the air was BLUE with exhaust;
and although it gave me a headache, it didn't incapacitate me.

Which is why I keep saying that for alanc to have driven off a
hunter using CO, it would have to be a gas release on the level
of Bhorpal. Nothing else will work.

(Everytime this comes up I keep remembering a Silver Age Justice
League of America story, in which several superheroes were KO'ed
instantly by a car backfire that unleashed a larger than normal
burst of carbon monoxide despite the fact that it was a normal
car, they were out in the open, and were running at top speed
after the moving car.

Some things just don't work...)

FW