Old 21-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Wasps !!!

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Arklay" contains these words:

Found a wasp buzzing around my kitchen today.

Where do you think this has came from ? I thought they would all be

dead or
hibernating at this time of year, or whatever wasps do in winter ?

I live in Perth, Scotland, so it's not as if I live in a mild part of

the
country.

I suppose my fear is that there may be a nest in the loft or something ?

My wife saw one in the bathroom a few days ago but it disappeared, so

not
sure if this is the same one or another one.

Any ideas ?

Probably a queen which has been woken up by the central heating, or
whatever you heat your place with. (I had to add that, as all I have is
one open fire and a fan heater.....)

I found one a few weeks ago, so I put it in the shed where it can really
hibernate. Most of the year they keep garden pests down - I could have
done with a wopsnest last year - keeping the nasturtiums clear of
patterkillers was a real pain.....

I wasn't aware that wops stopped paterkillers!

Alan

Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/