Old 21-01-2004, 07:06 PM
Alan Connor

Default North America After the Collapse

On 21 Jan 2004 15:22:38 GMT, Frank White wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 06:28:34 GMT, Alan Connor wrote:

(snip)
CO in an open area is NEVER lethal. Do your homework and quit telling
falsehoods.

CO in an open area is also hard to control. How do you control the

concentration
enough to make sure it's effective? Must be magic.

You see, this is the problem I have with alanc's claim, here. I
send a lot of time around CO producers: They're called 'cars',
and I have walked beside them, driven in them, and been stuck
in traffic jams surrounded by dozens of them all running and
putting out CO. And aside from gagging over diesel fumes, or
being rocked back by the stink some of them produce when they
burn bad gas, I've never passed out or been unable to breathe.
Heck, I've worked in garages where the air was BLUE with exhaust;
and although it gave me a headache, it didn't incapacitate me.

Except that I was talking about an "exhaust" putting out pure CO
(woodgas) rather than almost pure C02 with traces of C0, which is what cars
and such do.

It's a tactic of limited usefulness, mainly because of the near
zero-wind conditions necessary.

I'll be more careful about my wording in the future. That should have
been clear in the original article.

AC