Old 21-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Al

Default Orchid question

I don't know of any orchid that, having lost it's leaves on a bulb, will
regrow new leaves.

Some dendrobiums will rebloom for years on old bulbs, even after the leaves
have dropped. There are many that bloom on old bulbs and there are many,
many more that won't. It is more of species trait than one that is common
across a whole genera, I think. Most orchids with bulbs don't rebloom. For
instance I can't think of a single Cattleya that does.

Bulbs is just short hand for pseudobulbs; it is not correct otherwise to
call them that. Forgive me. Sometimes people call dendrobium 'bulbs'
'canes' as a type of short hand also and they should be forgiven too...

"Shell" wrote in message
m...
Do orchids bloom from old previously bloomed pseudobulbs? And will
pseudobulbs that have lost thier leaves re-grow the leaves?

Shell