Old 22-01-2004, 12:38 AM
RichToyBox

Default lighthouse pictures T_T_DSCF0477.JPG (1/1)

You started off right by posting a link to your web site. For those
interested, they will visit the site. For those with slow dial up
connections, the binary files cause them fits. I don't believe that Cybe R.
Wizard meant to be rude. Most of us have web sites and people visit them
when they have problems, want design ideas, or the like. We have had people
post their pictures to a binaries site when they didn't have a web site of
their own, so that we could view their concerns.

Welcome to the news group, and I do think the woodwork is nice, but just add
your web site to your signature and everyone will be more pleased.
--
RichToyBox

From: "LynyrdSky"
Subject: lighthouse pictures T_T_DSCF0477.JPG (1/1)
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 5:15 PM

Don't worry I won't bother visiting your precious newsgroup again. If this
is
the greeting you give people here who are proud of their work and creations
it
must be a generally hard place to get help when pictures are not allowed to
help
others view what needs to be. In other words clod you are the rude one in
welcoming others new to the group like you did. A nice "Welcome to the
group,
but please do not post pictures here, but it is a nice woodcraft" would have
been a much nicer way to address a newbie instead of acting like the
internet
police for the whole group in general, I will be back to see the replies to
this
but as far as future postings offering help etc... will be forgotten and you
can
answer all their questions as I am sure you are the pond WIZZARD and know
all
see all right?. Seems to me you are an egocentric know it all who only can
tell
people what to do on the net.

In article 20040121083156.6f548510.Cybe_R_Wizard@WizardsTowe r, Cybe R.
Wizard
says...

On 21 Jan 2004 12:14:17 GMT
(LynyrdSky) wrote:

begin 644 T_T_DSCF0477.JPG

snip
The posting of binaries on text-only groups is frowned upon, is
prohibited by most ISPs, and is just plain rude.

Please stop doing it.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.