Old 22-01-2004, 08:02 AM

Default this year's plan

In the beginning of Summer in Australia.

Planted the last bed of the 7, with tomato's chillies basic and cucumber.
Will start up on the carrots soon, and the turnips. They turnip crop were
amazing last year. Try for 'bigger' crop of onions, they were a bit small
this year. Lots of lettuce, kale, silverbeet, some brassica's etc. I love
autum planting more than spring. Green manure crop the beds that don't get
enough sun during winter and start on the front yard. Perrinal
vegetabls/fruit trees s/herbs and bee attracting plants. Put a new pond in
the front. And if all this gets done Im going to start on the shared land
between the neighbour and my property, and maybe even get some more fruit
trees for her front yard.
She wants me to do her garden.. Most people do want others to do their
gardening for them. More fools them...

www.jeack.com.au/~kirsty. The online Blog

"Heather" wrote in message
Well, the seed catalogs are coming! It's hard to envision being outside
and puttering around in the garden when it's so cold, but with the
catalogs comes this year's plan. What's everyone doing?

We're going to go with tire gardening this year. This should help with
some of the issues we had last year (cool yucky wet soggy soggy
weather). Plus, I'm looking forward to easier weeding plans.

I'm planning on 20 tires worth of plants. One tire will hold one tomato
plant so 3 better boy tomato plants, 1 cherry tomato plant, 2 bell pepper
plants, 3 jalapeno plants (1 tire) for the first row. Probably 2 summer
squash plants and 2 zucchini plants and a tire full of onions. One tire
of carrots. One tire of fingerling potatoes. One tire of red potatoes.
One tire of spinach, one tire of curly leaf lettuce, one tire of garlic.
That's our plan. Plus, if the in-laws are going to do a garden we'd
probably do corn and green beans over there, plus anything else Linda is
willing to take care of. The strawberry patch is over there as well.
Also, I told my husband that all those holly berries were getting ripped
out of the yard (we have a little one who loves to be outside) and I was
going to start putting productive plants along the fences. I'm thinking
mint in one area and then raspberries along the back.

Heather H.