Old 22-01-2004, 08:02 AM

Default Bees

Maybe the beekeeper who was in, say, a 10k radius (though probably less) to
your suburban house has moved his hive to more 'greener' pastures.

I grow a lot of vegetables in my garden and I like the bees to come around
as much as possible. Plant some really good bee attracting plants and they
may come back. Borage is my favorite, it self seeds everywhere, amonst all
the vegetables, you can pull it out easily if you don't want it and the
bees love it. But there are plenty of other plants bees love. Salvia's are
also quite good, they are also very drought tolerant. Hyssop is also good.
Red clover etc. Do a google on bee attracting plants. Im sure you will find
some information.

"Perri Campbell" wrote in message
Just notice in the last few weeks that there are no bees in the garden. I
thought maybe its to hot for them at the moment (Perth), but today was
milder and not one bee insight. Can anyone enlighten me?
pez