Old 22-01-2004, 11:04 AM
Heather

Default seed catalog - gardens alive

In article ,
Janice wrote:

This is a collection of products I get and throw away. Most of their
products can be found from other sources, sometimes locally, cheaper.
At least in my area, which is not a big spot for anything organic, so
should be available elsewhere even easier.

I just got a stokes catalog, pretty much everything they sell is a
hybrid, ok if that's what you want, but I want to save seeds, so.. not
likely to get much there.

Janice

For some things I like some hybrids. I'm primarily concerned in getting
the most bang for my buck as far as feeding my family goes. This means
considering nutritional content, flavor and productivity. This is one
reason why, although by far the absolute best tasting, heirloom tomatoes
will not be found in my garden because the plants do not meet
productivity needs (family of four to feed with a small patch, that's a
tall order!). I have a limited amount of space and money so that's how
I plan my garden. I go through and decide based on our needs.

Heather H.