Old 22-01-2004, 11:16 AM
Frogleg

Default Composting question

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:06:59 -0000, "Bob" wrote:

I owned the house last summer so I saw the garden last year, a jungle and
not what I want. It was a good example of the wrong plants being planted in
the wrong place,

snip

What I have found is a paved area with stone build raised beds which are
about 3 foot above ground level, I had no idea it was there and much is
damaged by the conifers and the paving is mostly broken. The areas between
were completely full of old leaves and confer droppings. From what I can
tell this part of the old garden was set out with raised beds in a "s"
pattern.

snip

Sounds fascinating. Like an archeological project. I hope you're
taking pictures of 'before' and 'after' as well as progress and
discoveries in between. It might also be worthwhile to see if you
can find out something of the history of the house/grounds, too. This
is certainly a project worthy of documentation.