Old 22-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Wrench

Default Questions from a Lurker

Hello all. I have been lurking in this group for about a month
and have a few simple questions.
I am planing to grow blue-berries. I have a place to put them
that gets full sun until late afternoon, and is on the upper side of a
spring house so watering isn't a problem. My question is, what should
I do to the area before I put them in? Deep till? Manure? What do
blue-berries like?
Also along the west-facing side of my house I have several
vertical pipes about ten feet apart.(2" pipes) I am trying to keep an
edible landscape, so anyone have any ideas for a hearty climbing vine
that doesn't need much direct sun? I thought about scarlet runner
beans, but I'm not sure how well they would do in a shaded area. Plus
I have grown them before and didn't really consider them too edible.
TIA for any and all advice.

Wrench