Old 22-01-2004, 02:02 PM
ERIC

Default Ryobi 4-cycle - idles but wont run under full throttle

(Chip Stein) wrote in message . com...
(ERIC) wrote in message . com...
Hello,

I have a Ryobi 4 cycle weed trimmer. The engine starts and runs fine
at idle, but when I give it gas (medium-full throttle), it revs for a
few seconds and stalls, unless I let off the gas, then it idles fine
again.

I have:
* cleaned the air filter
* checked the valve clearance
* replaced/gapped the spark plug

Is there anything else I can check that could cause these conditions?

Of the repair shops I have called, no one seems to want to work on
Ryobi's. It is not under warranty any longer. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

the screen in the carb is clogged. very common on these. pull it apart and look.
Chip

The "spark arrester" screen is different from what you are talking
about, correct? I cleaned that one, which was partially clogged. I
will check the one inside the carb if it is different from what I
checked already. Thanks!