Old 22-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Martin Sykes

Default Lakes or ponds?

"Sacha" wrote in message
.. .
snip Thank you. Perhaps we should re-name it The Lake. But at least we
now know
that size *does* matter. ;-)

According to the guiness world records web site -
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/index.asp

'The Caspian Sea' is a lake - the world's largest at 371800 sq km
'Don Juan Pond' is a lake - the saltiest lake in the world, remaining liquid
at -53 Celcius
'The Aral Sea' is a lake - has shrunk most - 80% since 1980

So, that's two seas and one pond which are 'officially' lakes. I guess you
can call it whatever you want.

I also found a reference elsewhere to Shenyang in China having the world's
smallest lake which might have helped but it didn't mention the size :-(

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )