Old 22-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Gail Futoran

Default lighthouse pictures T_T_DSCF0477.JPG (1/1)

"LynyrdSky" wrote in message
Don't worry I won't bother visiting your precious

newsgroup again. If this is
the greeting you give people here who are proud of their

work and creations it
must be a generally hard place to get help when pictures

are not allowed to help
others view what needs to be. In other words clod you are

the rude one in
welcoming others new to the group like you did. A nice

"Welcome to the group,
but please do not post pictures here, but it is a nice

woodcraft" would have
been a much nicer way to address a newbie instead of

acting like the internet
police for the whole group in general, I will be back to

see the replies to this
but as far as future postings offering help etc... will be

forgotten and you can
answer all their questions as I am sure you are the pond

WIZZARD and know all
see all right?. Seems to me you are an egocentric know it

all who only can tell
people what to do on the net.

Would you visit a new country and assume the cultural rules
of your home nation apply, and act accordingly? The
Internet is much like a different country where we all have
to learn to get along. Learning the rules and procedures
really isn't all that hard, since there are links everywhere
to information.

Posting a bunch of large inage files (binaries) to a
**text-only (non-binaries) newsgroup** when many of us still
have relatively slow dial-ups is rude at best. The poster
who "chastized" you did so using very mild phrases. You
over-reacted to him and needlessly insulted many people here
who did not respond at all to your post.

Here are some links if you have any interest in learning
about this "new country" you are visiting:
http://www.woodgate.org/FAQs/netiquette.html
http://www.newsreaders.com/guide/netiquette.html

Ignoring basic netiquette can result in being flamed. You
haven't experienced that here yet.

Gail