Old 22-01-2004, 07:58 PM
DesertPond

Default adding new Koi

Yep, the ponds been nailed :-(

Quarantine sucks but it's the only way to keep everything safe. 2#
isn't enough (won't kill anything), you need 4#, Use non-iodized,
mineral-free salt only. Dosage is 4 lbs. of salt per 100 gallons of
water add the dose over a day or two. Needs to be left in for at least
21 days. Followed by 50% water change.

Be sure to remove the plants before salting It's best if you can get a
look at what they've got under a microscope.

good luck

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:12:32 GMT, "bk" wrote:

I visited a Koi show at Fairchild Tropical Garden this past Saturday.
I added three fish to a happy pond. Bought two and he gave one for free.
The largest of the new guys was dead on Tuesday morning and another is
scratching at the bottom.
The third seems to be getting along. The vender says to add 2# rock salt/100
gallons of pond. I'm concerned
weather I just contaninated my clean pond environment.