Old 23-01-2004, 01:11 AM
Chris

Default Dried Beans - ultra labor intensive?

It seems to me that dried beans (kidney, cow, turtle and the like) are
super labor intensive. I mean, waiting for the pod to dry, the
picking the shells and finally reaping the beans. It seems like it
would take an hour for a simple pound of beans.

Is there a simpler way - other than spending the $1.15/lb it costs at
the health food store for organic beans?

And couldn't the space be used for something more productive, anyway?
Does anyone have insight/thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Chris