Old 23-01-2004, 01:13 AM
RichToyBox

Default People food for Kois?

Koi will eat anything. They love oranges, good in vitamin C which is good
for their immune system. They love watermelon and mango. Squash, cucumber,
oatmeal, cheerios, and many other foods that I have forgotten to mention.
They love shrimp and squid. In the cooler temperatures of the season, the
lower protein foods are easier to digest, and don't create as much ammonia
for the filter to have to take care of. The commercial foods are prepared
with higher levels of protein. The high protein is required to grow large
healthy fish, but it should only be fed in warm water. The warmer the water
the higher the protein of the food.
--
RichToyBox

"MC" wrote in message
om...
Is there any benefit to supplementing or replacing completely Koi food
with fruits/vegetables? By benefit I mean better quality food for
them and less toxic waste products. I noticed mine love to nibble on
lettuce. I am not sure what nutrients Koi need or if they could get
them all from veggies.