Old 23-01-2004, 12:32 PM
LynyrdSky

Default lighthouse pictures T_T_DSCF0477.JPG (1/1)

Visiting a God Damn country is way diff that posting a god damn picture here on
the group. Do you honestly expect me to believe that a picture of 100k cosumes
so much computer time? Give me a f'n break. If you did not want to see it then
don't open the thread in the first place. You have the right not to click on
the attachment just as you have the right not to chose to watch a violent movie
on the tube. It bugs the shit out of me in our society today that people have
to be politically correct correct everywhere they turn as to not, heaven forbid,
offend anyone. Following your slow connection theory must mean you never view a
website up at all, because heaven forbid they use pictures.

How about kill filters? Have you heard of these to filter out all attachments?
Large inage files? What are you on dope, or a 14.4 modem? Don't give me the
crap about using up space, I use newguy and they have posts in this group that
date back to sept 25. As far as posting a pic on another group I hope it is a
correct group. As far as flaming me I am scared

Yes it is my fault that I posted the pictures here without seeking knowledge
about the group first but are there specific rules written for this group and
which rules do I follow, Ah the general rule of netiquette, right up there on
the shelf next to the general rule of thumb book. Look around at the groups
that are downloading illegal materials, how many gigabytes of copyrighted
material are moved in these groups day after day? You speak to me about rules
and laws when, when millions of dollars are stolen from hard working people
every day here on the same system you support and try to follow rules. Now my
ISP will ban me from the internet for uploading a few pictures, MINE, when the
whole system of theirs is use to hop illegal copies thru. Sounds like a weak
case at best. At worst they would never ban me for that maybe issue a warning
telling me not to abuse the group again.

As far as flames go, flame away.

Would you visit a new country and assume the cultural rules
of your home nation apply, and act accordingly? The
Internet is much like a different country where we all have
to learn to get along. Learning the rules and procedures
really isn't all that hard, since there are links everywhere
to information.

Posting a bunch of large inage files (binaries) to a
**text-only (non-binaries) newsgroup** when many of us still
have relatively slow dial-ups is rude at best. The poster
who "chastized" you did so using very mild phrases. You
over-reacted to him and needlessly insulted many people here
who did not respond at all to your post.

Here are some links if you have any interest in learning
about this "new country" you are visiting:
http://www.woodgate.org/FAQs/netiquette.html
http://www.newsreaders.com/guide/netiquette.html

Ignoring basic netiquette can result in being flamed. You
haven't experienced that here yet.

Gail