Old 23-01-2004, 05:02 PM
FarmerDill

Default Questions from a Lurker

Snipped
However, after reading that they're bothered by both codling moths and
cherry fruit fly, if I'd read that first, I'd have not planted them as
the neighbors have apples and cherry trees and I don't think they're
practicing any kind of sanitation, as in picking up fallen fruit to
deny the insects a place to complete their life cycles, at least here!

... hope your blueberry dreams are
better than mine are likely to be ..mine are likely going to be
nightmares!
Janice

I grow both Rabbiteyes and Southern high bush. They are amazingly insect free.
I have to share a few with the mockingbirds but thats about it. We have codling
moths but they have never bothered a blueberry. Don't have cherries so I can't
speak to that but apple , pear, plum and peach pests don't bother the
blueberries.