Old 23-01-2004, 05:34 PM
BRW

Default WTB: Oak tree

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:29:35 -0600, "Spacewalkman"
wrote:

Anybody knows where I can buy a few healthy OAK tree?
Home Depot and Lowes just don't have any good ones left.

Thanks.

S.W.

Different stores with the same names have completely different stocks
of trees. Suggest that you invest some time and check several options
before making a purchase.

In Nov. I shopped for trees at the St. John's HD, walmart on 290,
the 1-35 & Howard lane Lowes, HD & WM,, and the Lowes, HD, & WM in RR
and found it very interesting and worthwhile to go to the trouble of
checking them all. After all, these trees should be around a lot
longer than I will. Finally bought a burr oak at the RR, Lowes, an ash
tree from the HD off of St. John's and two pecan trees from the
walmart off 290.

You may want to call your target store(s) to try to get some kind of
report on their stock before you go out.

good luck!

BRW

www.commondreams.org and www.democracynow.org = two good American
sources for national and international news without a bunch of
corporate spin.

The World Teacher's Top Two Priorities (inspire mankind to...)
Share the world's resources & Restore the earth's ecological balance
http://www.share-international.org

Breaking the biggest story in history!