Old 23-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Composting question

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
snip
Do you really think anyone is going to sort the PVC from the rottable

stuff
when the time comes?

No. I expect they will clear the whole lot and dump it in a landfill. I'm
not saying I like that as a solution but if it is going to go in landfilll
anyway as there doesn't seem to be any other way of disposing of it, then
what does it matter if it is used for something useful first? I don't see

lot of complaints when Alan Titchmarsh uses expanded polystyrene as

drainage
in his pots. I bet that doesn't get untangled from the roots and soil at

the
end of its life either.

Expanded polystyrene is very much more stable than PVC and does not have a
plasticiser.

Franz