Old 23-01-2004, 10:17 PM
bk

Default adding new Koi

Thanks,
From these posts I may have taken some poor advise and steps.
In an effort to save the remaining fish I ran out last night to a local fish
retailer. He sold me $50
worth of stuff. Two containers of Aquarium salt each about the size of a
half gallon. Also a water conditioner
powder that was to help the ph. 5 containers of that, each was good for 250
gallons. I did as they told me and poured it
all in at one time. Some salt was on the pond bottom last night, but I
didn't notice this morning.
I'm hoping that I didn't worsen a bad situation. I'll return home in a
couple hours to see how things are.

The store found my ph a little high, but he said not too high.. They thought
our coral rock waterfall and
back wall of the pond could cause that. He said plenty of Koi live like that
here (Miami).

All that said. I have had my share of salt water tanks over the years. When
ever I bought or caught
fish, I would give them freshwater dips and quarantine for a few days. My
Koi and Goldfish are tough as nails.
This is the first time we've had any problem.

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

"DesertPond" wrote in message
Yep, the ponds been nailed :-(

snip

My 2 cents...You added three fish. One died, the others are fine, and your
pond is fine, or appears to be. Something in my guy says treating the

whole
pond for one dead fish is too preemtive.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com