Old 23-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Heidi

Default witherspoon rose co

We bought 2 roses from them last year (same variety). I appreciated the
knowledge of the staff. Living in Raleigh, NC we were able to visit the
nursery in person (a beautiful site when the rose garden is in bloom!).
The staff was very honest about which roses would perform well in our
area, going as far as to steer me away from a rose that I really wanted
(HT Sterling Silver). I appreciated that they were honest, instead of
pushing a sale. The roses were very healthy at the time of purchase.
We have not purchased bare root plants from them, but rather potted
roses. We noticed a few small slugs in the pots when transplanting.
The roses suffered a bit from boitritis over the summer, however I would
assume that was due to the heavy rain we had in the area, and the nature
of the variety (HT JFK), and not a reflection on the quality of the
nursery. All of the potted roses looked healthy when we went to visit.

As a local customer, I would definitely recommend them.

Heidi

ed wrote:

Anyone have any experience with Witherspoon roses out of Durham NC?
ed