Old 24-01-2004, 01:05 AM
Rhiannon S

Default Lakes or ponds?

Subject: Lakes or ponds?
From: Sacha
Date: 23/01/2004 21:24 GMT Standard Time
John Rouse23/1/04 7:16
@timew arp.demon.co.uk

In article , Sacha
writes
Frivolous question but - I was told once that the definition of a lake was
that it covered an acre of land. In discussing this with someone, I saw

an
internet definition giving 0.25 of a hectare as a lake. Anyone got any
other ideas/sources/definitions?

Pond: small body of still water esp as made for watering cattle or other
purposes.

Lake: large body of water surrounded by land

So, it would appear size is everything!

John

Okaaaaaay. So if we create a 1 acre (or thereabouts) body of water which
will be used partly as ornament and partly to water the nursery, what shall
we call that? ;-)

Dave
--
Rhiannon