Old 24-01-2004, 03:16 AM
animaux

Default Recommended fruit tree list for this area

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 22:04:25 GMT, Victor Martinez opined:

animaux wrote:
Peaches – Rio Grande, Junegold, La Feliciana, Harvest, Red Globe, Dixieland,

Add Red Baron to that list. NOt only extremely beautiful double blooms,
but also delicious fruit.

Hmmm, how early and how many chill hours? Dixieland is 400 chill hours. I
don't know that we got that this year, but one would hope.

We are going to try using a motion detector-activated sprinkler head to
keep the critters away. Last year they ate 2/3 of the crop. They're my
peaches!

Fortunately, I am not inundated. We have one female squirrel who nests in the
live oak. She's here all the time. I feed her corn and whatever else she
wants. I can handle one. If there were more than that, it would be some kind
of war! MY PEACHES MINE! But, with only the two of us, we had a bushel of
peaches from one tree...and I'm the only one in the house of 2 who eats them.