Old 24-01-2004, 03:18 AM
animaux

Default Recommended fruit tree list for this area

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:03:33 GMT, Victor Martinez opined:

Tyler Hopper wrote:
V, would most of these varieties also be okay for San Antonio?

I'd be surprised. Apples are marginal here in Austin, we gave up on ours
after 3 years of no fruit.

Oh they take at least five years before you see one apple. Then, you will
probably get about 10 that first year, after five years of nothing. The
following year, year 6, you will start to get a nice crop. However, they are
very difficult trees to keep watered in summer...I find. I lost one this past
year. My neighbor has one so the Mollies Delicious out back may still be okay
when the time comes.