Old 24-01-2004, 05:32 AM
John Watts

Default Crab grass and pre-emergent

The best time to apply premergent for your area would be Feb.-March. I would
recommend Barricade. If you have a local farmers co-op they should have it.
"welsh dragon" no email wrote in message
My garden was plagued with crab grass last year. I would like to prevent
having to pull it by hand ( I have gone back to school and know that would
be a wonderful distraction from my studies!!). When is the best time to
apply a pre emergent in the texas panhandle ( zone 6b) I asked at my local
garden center but non of the employees seemed to know and as they didn't
have any of the stuff in stock I couldn't check. I hope one of the wise
souls on here can help.
Thank you
Sarah