Old 24-01-2004, 06:32 AM
Tony Charles

Default [IBC] brown edges on azalea flowers.....why?

Thanks all for your replies. I have learnt a lot. I do live in a very
humid part of Oz too, so I guess with the rain and high heat the flowers may
have suffered a bit.

Shelly Hurd wrote:

" I assume this is a bonsai, and isn't a "-Second- flowering event" asking
a lot from this tree? Even if you are super feeding it, that has to be a
drain on it's strength.

Well, it's a potensai - I'm still training it and will pot to a bonsai pot
next year. It only had a few flowers (2 or 3) in early spring - I can see
about 5 or 6 flowers beginning to open now. The azalea is quite young
still.

Thanks again

Tony Charles