Old 24-01-2004, 07:43 AM
Mack

Default Speaking of 2 stroke engines...

"Steve" wrote in message
news
Thanks Bob.

Steve

Bob Provencher wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
news
Richard's question got me to thinking...
What do those of you who use them think?
Steve Calvin, you said you have a Mantis tiller. How is that one working
out? Does it start OK?
How about the other makes of small tillers? Anyone here using them?

I have a Mantis that is a two stroke. I also have a larger honda tiller
that is a 4 stroke and I love it. If you are looking for a small 4

stroke
tiller I know Honda has the FG100
http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/fg100.htm that is close to the size

of
the Mantis.

In general 4 stroke technology is getting a lot better. I agree those

in
the other thread that predicted 2 strokes going away. About the only

thing
you may need a 2 stroke for is an application where the motor can't be

kept
level such as chainsaws.

I have the small Honda 4 cycle and do like it. The thing will start
first or second pull after being in the shed for 2 or 3 months. The engine
it will run in any position. I've laid it down with it running and it kept
running.
Mack