Old 24-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Brian Watson

Default Garden is now a pond

"Curiosity" wrote in message

I was a bit dismayed to see that most of my rear garden is now a pond
about 3 to 4 inches deep. The plot has been carved out of a field used
for grazing sheep, I guess the ground has been compacted by the
building work and is accepting the runoff from the field.

Any suggestions, I am guessing some sort of buried holy pipe leading
to a pit full of rubble (soakaway ?), I think the rainwater from the
roof is already going to a soakaway.

Accept the inevitable and design in a water garden at the lowest point for
the water to drain into.

An automatic bilge pump arrangement can be set up to dump any surplus into a
nearby drain (which I am assuming will run at a lower level than your
garden).

--
Brian
"posting from Sutton, winner of The English And Welsh Village Of The Year