Old 24-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default BEST VEGIE SEEDS

Romy Beeck said:

Can anyone on here tell me where the best place to buy vegie seeds. I just
got books from Harris seeds and Seymore seeds and Burgess and I ordered a
book from Yung seed co. So can anyone tell me where they have the best luck
with. By the way i'm in wisconsin. And I like to try starting my vegies in
the basement this year

Harris is a quality operation, but not one I've ordered from in recent years.

My favorite is Pinetree, but I also rank Johnny's and Stokes very highly, and
I like Territorial, too.

Pinetree and Johnny's are in Maine, Stokes is based in Canada
and Territorial in Oregon. Pinetree is oriented toward home gardeners,
with smaller packets of seeds at very reasonable prices. Johnny's has
developed and introduced new varieties and is oriented toward northern
growers. Stokes is super for hybrid sweet corn (many exclusive to them).
They also sell a number of flowers in single color packets that other suppliers
only provide in color mixes.

Pintree: http://www.superseeds.com/
Johnny's: http://www.johnnyseeds.com/
Stokes: http://www.stokeseeds.com/cgi-bin/St...eds.storefront