Old 24-01-2004, 12:33 PM
Frogleg

Default Help! Hurt bird of paradise!

On 23 Jan 2004 01:00:41 -0800, (Phil) wrote:

My problem is that a friend was here, a clutzy friend, and he fell on
my bird of paradise. FELL ON THE DARN THING. So he bent almost all
of the stalks; they snapped like twigs. I couldn't believe it. All
of my big beautiful bird of paradise leaves, now sagging and resting
on the floor.

Poor plant. Poor you. Poor friend. Accidents happen, as I was reminded
when a Dudge van the size of a battleship totalled my faithful old
Sentra last week.

As Zhan says, few plants 'heal' with splints. (Nice for us that people
*do*.) And as she also notes, a healthy root mass is likely to help
the plant recover.