Old 24-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Allview

Default Dry creek bed?

There was a very interesting article in today's paper about creating a dry
creek bed to take water away from the house when necessary. It sounds like
just the thing for my yard but I need more information on it. Does anyone have
experience with this idea?

My back yard is flat and the yards on either side are a little higher. During
a recent period of days of hard rains the ground became saturated and looked
like little lakes all over the yard. Thank goodness the patio was built right
and water went to the yard instead of the house.

The yard is featureless. I have put chopped leaves on top of grass to make the
turf easier to dig this year and create large curves, but a dry creek with
plants on the edges would be interesting. I wonder where you start and end
this creek. Has anyone come across more to read about this?

Marilyn in Ohio