Old 24-01-2004, 04:12 PM
enigma

Default Quick Q regarding rabbits etc.

Dwight Sipler wrote in
:

I have heard that goats eat anything. (But they don't
actually eat tin cans -- just chew on the labels). I have
no experience at all with them. Anyone have comments?

goats are browsers. they eat grass as a last resort, much
preferring to eat brush. those foundation plantings wouldn't
last long, but your lawn wouldn't get mowed until they were
gone (unless you have rhodies. goats will eat those & die).
plus goats do NOT respect fences. don't think a goat will stay
in a fenced area unless *they* choose to. if they don't want
to be there, no fence will keep them in.
llamas do a good job of mowing, although they prefer browsing
too.
lee