Old 24-01-2004, 04:42 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] website

Start by asking around in the club to find out if there's anyone that
has some experience already or a contact that could assist.

Then get the group to list what they want from the site.

If you have to do it yourself, the easiest way to get started is using
something like Microsoft's Front Page. I has a set of templates and
wizards that hold you by the hand and can allow a simple site to be
sorted relatively painlessly. There are many other creation tools and
I've tried many of them with my students but this one gives the best
results for the least time.

Once the site is designed and tested on your computer, you need some
webspace. There are many ISP's that provide free web-space in the UK. I
don't know how you stand for this in the US. Getting the site from your
computer to the space that your server provides can be tricky. I use an
FTP prog (file transfer protocol). There are many you can download for a
free trial. Make sure that you keep a note of all settings and
passwords. They will be needed regularly when the site needs updating.

If you hit any snags, feel free to email me directly.

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales