Old 24-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Garden is now a pond

In article ,
Curiosity wrote:

Yes I agree here, this flooding has happened after the recent heavy
snow falls in the area, I have never seen the garden flood like this
over the previous 9 -10 months I have been visiting the building site.

Well, that implies that you didn't see it last winter. If it hasn't
happened earlier this year AND it drains away reasonably fast this
time, then you probably have nothing much to worry about and you can
get the builder to provide a soakaway.

But it is also possible that it has taken this long since the rain
started (last October?) for the subsoil to saturate and it will not
now drain until March. In that case, fiddling with a soakaway will
not help and you need to take serious action.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.