Old 24-01-2004, 07:06 PM

Default People food for Kois?

they arent vegetarians, in fact they got very short intestines and basically need
protein and fats... they dont metabolize carbs and certainly not "land based" carbs.

feed em chopped shrimp and that fake crab meat. feed very small amounts and let them
graze on the sweater algae on the side. if you can find a source of pretty clean
duckweed, that is good too. Both Ogata and Grand Champion got high quality food but
dont need to feed much and certainly not much at a time so it isnt in one end out the
other without time for digestion. that fouls the water. Ingrid

(MC) wrote:

Is there any benefit to supplementing or replacing completely Koi food
with fruits/vegetables? By benefit I mean better quality food for
them and less toxic waste products. I noticed mine love to nibble on
lettuce. I am not sure what nutrients Koi need or if they could get
them all from veggies.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com