Old 24-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Marcus Fox

Default Is 10000k to much for F/W Plants?

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
I'm familiar with actinic bulbs, but can't be certain if they don't

actually
say the are red actinic, or blue actinic, like Sandy said, they coudl be
disco lights for all I/we know...

--
RedForeman ©®

I checked one of my mags, and they had an ad for what I assume is a bulb
like the red/blue on that website. The red bulb is rated at 8000K and the
blue at 12000K. Unfortunately I don't recall the name anymore (bad

memory).
However, the red (I believe they called it pink) bulb was supposed to be
designed for plant growth.

Have a look at www.arcadia-uk.com. I know it's a UK based site, but they
have ideas about the lighting you might need for plants. I have the Original
Tropical and Freshwater lamps in combination - each are T5 15w in a 2 cu ft
tank, to grow my plants. The tank looks great, although I may need to
replace one of the tubes, as I have had it for a few months now.

Marcus