Old 24-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Frogleg

Default What factors determine when a camellia blooms?

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:58:42 -0800, "Marc"
wrote:

What factors determine when a camellia blooms?

Didn't want to quote your add-on and Paghat's msg, but "what she
said." I would just have said there are a bunch of different
varieties that bloom at different times. Here (SE Virginia) I see both
spring- and fall-blooming types. I'm particularly fond of my bush/tree
because it produced the first blooms (after crocus) I saw my first
spring here -- whoof! what a surprise to find something so lush
blooming in February! I'm sure with different cultivars, one could
have camellia blooms nearly year 'round.