Old 24-01-2004, 08:13 PM
David Ross

Default Wife worried about depth of pond and grandkids falling in

Chumley wrote [in part]:

I have a small pond 650 gal with a depth ranging from 0 inches
to 30 inches at built in drain.

We have no fence and our yard
is open to a public greenbelt area which kids use all the
time to play.

Depending on your local building codes, a pond 30 inches deep
might qualify as a pool requiring fencing. Before making any
alterations that might not suffice, you should check with your
local Building and Safety Department.

If you fail to comply with the codes and a child is injured (or
worse), the liability coverage in your homeowner's insurance might
be void. Many insurance policies do not protect you when you
violate the law.
--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/