Old 25-01-2004, 02:02 AM
D Kat

Default Wife worried about depth of pond and grandkids falling in

Please attribute the posts correctly. This is not what I said. I said that
I would post the question to rec.ponds so that the person might get replies
(alt.garden doe not seem to have anyone there.) DKat
"Stephen M. Henning" wrote in message
news
"D Kat" wrote:

I would like to weld a rebar
grid (4-6 inch spacing) together and
place it on the plant shelf so you couldn't see it really unless you

are
right on top of it and the water would
effectively be only 6 inches deep in case one of our grandkids or

neighbor
kids fell in.

Actually something that can catch a persons leg is more dangerous. I
had an adult relative die in 1 foot of water because his leg got trapped
and he couldn't get out. When he passed out, he drowned. There is no
substitute for a fence to keep small children out. Then there are nets
that you can suspend just under the water to keep people out and fish
in. It prevents herons from eating all of the fish.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman