Old 25-01-2004, 03:10 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Lifting our forum@

The message

Waste of breath - try explaining what Wales is to the average merkin ;~(
(Our resident colonials sre honourable exceptions of course.)

Or, if you have nothing better to do and/or are feeling malicious,
explain to them exactly how the meaning of the term "United Kingdom"
varies with context and how the historical, legal, political (de jure)
and political (de facto) boundaries differ. And why the UK (in the
largest sense) is a much looser federation than the USA.

And see if they believe you :-)

You, Nick, have an evil mind. I like it.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/